Your Blog can be considered a “dead” blog if there’s no traffic and no one is reading or aware of them. A lot of bloggers stopped half-way and abandoned their blog when they didn’t see any traffic or activity.
However, in the era of social media, we have many channels to promote our blogs, which includes Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. However, in order to drive tons of traffic, we need to do this the right way. Below are some of the tips and formulas.
- Use short and provocative tweets
- Include an intriguing quote from post
- Include statistics
- Make use of #Hashtags creatively
- Use @mentions
- Retweet mentioned blog content
- Ask for a Retweet (or RT)
- Use visually appealing images
- As a question related to your topic
- Tweet about your blog-hosted contest
- Promote your tweets
- Include a blog link in your bio
- Schedule your tweet properly
- Include a strong call to action
- Tweet the link more than once
- Create “Click to Tweets” within your article
- Retweet or thank anyone who mentions your Blog
- Pin your latest blog post to the top of Twitter Timeline
Not only your Blog will have more traffic, but your own Twitter account can also attract more followers. Your Twitter will be seen to be more engaging with relevant content sharing.
As of today, my Twitter handle @mazlan_abbas has only 4,162 Followers. Let’s see how the tips above impact Mazlan Abbas Blog and my Twitter.