I just realized today that I couldn’t access and edit this Blog. Upon checking, I found out the domain had been auto-renewed in Nov.
Thus, what’s the problem?
For the past many years, I have received similar questions again and again. Finally, I decided to write simple notes (hand-drawn and with the help of some multimedia tool) regarding IoT.
This can be used for lecture notes or as a simple way to understand IoT. Initially, I made this a paid version, but finally, I decided to make it free for all.
Here’s the link to download – https://bit.ly/3p0gR5K
Note: Don’t forget to download the second eBook entitled “Your IoT Journey” which is also available for free.
And I am in the process of writing the third eBook called “IoT Adventure”. Soon to be published if I have enough energy or encouragement to complete. Thanks, guys, for the support!
The fifth session of the World Digital Economy and Technology Summit 2022 (28-29 June 2022) was centered on creating smart nations, smart cities, and smart industries with an eye on sustainability.
Goh Seok Mei, Executive Director, United Cities, Malaysia
Tirupathi Karthik, Chief Executive Officer, Napier Healthcare Solutions Pte Ltd., Singapore
Mark Thomas, Founder & Managing Director, Serviceworks Group Ltd, New Zealand
Prof. M. Nazri Muhd, Founder & Chairman for the AI World Summit / Founder & Group CEO, MyFinB Group, Singapore
Dr. Guo Wanda, Executive Vice President, China Development Institute (CDI), People’s Republic of China
The session is moderated by Dr. Mazlan Abbas, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of FAVORIOT Sdn Bhd, Malaysia.
My name was first noticed and listed by Onalytica in their “The Internet of Things 2014 – Top 100 Thought Leaders” report published on April 15, 2014. The full report can be downloaded here.
What’s Covered in the IoT Report?
In this report Onalytica takes a look at a range of influencers and personas, answering the key questions below:
- Which Brand Employees are driving impact online?
- Which MyOnalytica Experts are creating inspiring industry content in this space?
- Who are the key Social Amplifiers?
- Which Key Opinion Leaders are creating great content on the topic?
- Who are the Event Speakers within Internet of Things?
- Which Content Creators & Contributors are contributing to the conversation?
- Which Analysts are analysing the IoT industry?
- Who are the Academics & Researchers within the topic?
- Who is sharing content on IIoT?
- Who are the influencers in the Digital Twins space?
- Which Brands are creating thought leadership content on the topic?
- Which Publications & Resources are sharing content within this space?
As stated by Onalytica, their method of listing the influencers are shown below:
“Onalytica has been creating influencer lists for the last 10+ years, curating an influencer database of 1M influencers across 500+ topical communities within industries such as tech, finance, healthcare, education and many more.
It is our mission to shine a light on the most influential voices that are creating quality content, and driving engagement and impact online across social as well as traditional media.
Onalytica uses a unique combination of our proprietary software, human qualitative analysis,Who-in-IoT-Onalytica and secondary research to analyze online and offline influence, to create the best social influencer lists in the world. Our influence scores are driven by 38 algorithms and this methodology has been continually refined over the past 10 years to evolve with social media developments and how influence is best calculated.
We take into account social media influence across channels like LinkedIn & Twitter as well analyze offline influence through a proxy of online analysis looking at how much people are referenced within a topical context in blogs, media and video sites. We also look at how topically relevant an influencer’s content is and whose content drives the most engagement online and among the wider influencer community.
Each influencer is categorized by a number of criteria such as by role, influencer persona, expertise, location, audience, channel referencing the role they play within the wider influencer community and the way in which they’d collaborate with brands.”
My name has been listed in the “MyOnalytica experts” category which highlights influencers that are part of Onalytica’s marketplace, creating relevant content on social on the topic, driving the most engagement globally and keen to partner with brands. These influencers are often experts, social amplifiers, event speakers and independent analysts all in one. Full report can be downloaded HERE.
In early 2021, a group of second-year students (Fatehah, Chau Bing Heng, Teh Jing Ye, and Nazarudin) from the School of Engineering, UTM invited me for an online interview for their course subject “Graduate Success Attribute”.
Finally, they came up with the above “magazine” as part of their group project. However, I only received this yesterday. Thus, the info in the magazine might be slightly outdated.
However, I still would like to thank them for capturing the main points of the interview. Hopefully, it will benefit the young generations.
LinkedIn is probably one of the best platforms to conduct surveys because most of the users are professionals. Their opinion and feedback are regarded very highly due to their professionalism in that particular area.
I have done several surveys on topics ranging from the Internet of Things and IR 4.0. Below are some of the results after 7 days of polling.
IoT Adventure Book will delve deeper into the business of IoT. It will also share the experience of being an IoT entrepreneur. Some of the topics have been written in the IoT World Blog. Check out the contents below:
- 6 Benefits That Can Transform Your Supply Chain Using IoT
- What Exactly is Smart Poultry
- What Exactly is Metaverse?
- Automatic Plant Monitoring System
- What Exactly is IoT Analytics?
- What Exactly is Smart Mobility?
- 10 Benefits of IoT That Transform Smart Agriculture
- Flood Forecasting and Warning System (FFWS) IR 4.0
- 8 Immediate Benefits of Smart Manufacturing
- How Smart Buildings Could Save Energy and Money
- How to Use Drones to Monitor Floods
- Why Smart Flood Monitoring System is Essential For Everyone
- Everything You Need To Know About The Benefits Of Fleet Management Using IoT
- How Digital Transform Agriculture
- What is Exactly Parking 4.0?
- What is Exactly Construction 4.0?
- IoT Detect Potholes
- Fleet Management Using IoT
- Developing Smart Garbage Collection Solution Using Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart Construction in Era of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Which Era is Our Parking System?
- Why Do We Monitor Our Cats Using IoT?
- Can We Really Use Drones to Carry Parcels?
- Seven (7) Key Lessons for Smart Parking Deployment
- How IOT Transforms the Connected Car Industry
- How to Select the Best IoT Platform
- How To Explain IoT in the Simplest Manner
- How-To Make Industry-University Collaboration A Successful Venture
- How-To Create Your First IoT Application Using Arduino and FAVORIOT
- How IoT Can Solve the Problems of Seven (7) M’s of a Business
- How To Create Highly Demand IoT Talents By Becoming a Producer Based Nation
- How To Develop Smart Agriculture Solutions
- How-To Develop Smart Flood Monitoring System
- How-To Develop Smart River Monitoring
- How-To Develop a Smart Garbage Collection
- How-To Build Smart Cities Using Minimum Viable City (MVC) Approach
- How to Embark on IoT Business
- Smart Cities & IoT – The Opportunities and Challenges Ahead
- What Will You Discover in IOT and Smart Cities – “Gold Mines” or “Time Bombs”?
- Four (4) New Tips for Successful Smart Cities Implementation
- Guide How-To Build Your Smart City
- How-To Build Smart Cities Using Minimum Viable City Approach
- What Are Your Smart Cities Priorities?
- Using IOT to Determine the Health of Your City
- Build Smart Cities With These 3 Key Elements
- Guide to Monetize Your Smart City’s Data
- Who Owns the IoT and Smart City’s Data?
- Checking the Pulse of the City
- Better City Better World – You Act We React
- How to Get the Right Business Model for Smart Cities
- Better Citizen Engagement To Build Smarter Cities
- What Budget 2017 Meant for Malaysia’s IOT and Smart Cities
- Citizen Engagement Can Make a Difference for Your Cities
- Tips for City Authorities – How to Avoid Citizen Engagement Pitfalls
- Six (6) Tips to Build Successful Smart Cities [Infographics]
- How IoT Impact 7M of the Business [Infographics]
- 7 Best IoT Business Models [Infographics]
- 3 Steps to Implement IoT [Infographics]
- Starting Your IoT Business [Infographics]
- 5 Traits of Generation-IoT [Infographics]
FAVORIOT Products and Services
- IoT Specialist Training with IoT Analytics
- Advanced IoT Training With FAVORIOT IoT Platform
- FAVORIOT – Internet of Things (IoT) Hands-on Training
- Redeem Voucher Code for Free 1-Month Beginner Plan
- Favoriot IoT Platform Features
- Dscover: How-To Redeem a Voucher
- Hibiscus Sense – Micropython Source Code for BLYNK & FAVORIOT
- Malaysia IoT Board: Hibiscus Sense and FAVORIOT
- FAVORIOT IoT Platform – From FREE to PREMIUM Plans
- Travel With Dscover
- Dr. Mazlan Abbas – An Entrepreneur
- This Malaysian IoT Startup Starts from Zero
- Updates on IoT Platform Resources (FAVORIOT)
- Smart Travel – Split Up and Have Fun
- How a Smart Travel App Can Help to Ease the Headache of Managing a Tour Group
- The Best Travel Companion App for Hajj or Umrah
- COMPLETE TUTORIAL – How To Connect Cytron Uno (Arduino UNO) With FAVORIOT Platform
IoT and IR 4.0 in Malaysia
- Top 6 IoT Predictions in 2022 – Malaysia
- Malaysia IoT Predictions in 2021
- IoT in Malaysia (2019) – A Dream vs A Reality
- 2020 Predictions for IoT
- IoT in Malaysia – 2019 Predictions
- IoT in Malaysia – Things We Learned in 2018
- IoT Predictions – Malaysia’s IoT in 2018
- IoT – Wishlist for 2018
- IoT in Malaysia – 2017 In Review
- IoT in Malaysia – 2017 Wishlist
- 2017 IOT Predictions in Malaysia
- Malaysia’s National IoT Strategic Roadmap – 2016 In Review
- 10-10 Malaysia Science, Technology, Innovation and Economy (MYSTIE)
- My Top 5 Opinions – Malaysia National 4IR Policy
- MIFA – Malaysia Industry Forward Association
- 12MP – Twelfth Malaysia Plan (2021-2025)
- Malaysia National 4IR Policy
- Teroka Tech Musim 2 Episod 6 : Pakar IoT di Malaysia
- Digitalisation of Malaysia With MyDigital Economy Blueprint
- Growing the IoT Ecosystem in Malaysia
- Industry 4WRD Readiness Assessment and Incentives
- Why Are We Still at Industrial Revolution 2.7 (IR2.7)?
- Propelling IoT in Malaysia
- Malaysia Needs 100K IoT Professionals to Complement the Big Data Workforce
- IOT in Malaysia – Current & Future Trends
- List of Top 3 IoT Applications That “Should” Be in Malaysia
- How Do You Begin Your IoT Journey in Malaysia?
- Can Malaysians Avoid Floods Using Internet of Things (IoT)?
- IOT Adoption Challenges in Malaysia
- A List of Skills Required For Internet Of Things (IoT) Talent
- Solving IoT Project Issues in the Universities
- Nine (9) IoT Challenges of IoT Adoption
- Which IoT Market Makes Money? B2B or B2C?
- Four (4) Reasons for Technology Trial
- IOT: Moving Beyond to the Digital Future
- Realizing Society 5.0 in Relation To Industry 4.0
- IoT & IR 4.0 – A Disruptive Era of Transformation
- IoT – The Building Block for IR 4.0
- IoT & IR 4 0 – Get Ready for Jobs That Don’t Exist Yet
- Harnessing the Power of IoT
- IR 4.0 – Embrace or Become Obsolete
- IoT in The New Norm
- To IoTise Every Business
- The Entrepreneurship Journey of Pre and Post Covid 19 – Lessons Learned
- IoT – The Core Technology for IR 4.0 and How It Benefits SMEs
- Use Case: Detecting Power Interruption Using IoT
- IR 4.0 and IoT – The New Frontier
- The Easiest Way to Understand IoT via 7 Layers of OSI
- The Best Way to Develop IoT Solutions in the Universities
- IoT Middleware – The Critical Missing Component in the IoT Value Chain
- IoT is the Core Technology for IR 4.0
- Will IoT and IR 4.0 Really Gonna Take Our Jobs?
- Overcoming the Challenges of Becoming IR 4.0
- Abusing the Word “Internet of Things” (IoT)
- Data Convergence – Digital Transformation, Industry 4.0 and Emerging Tech
- What’s the Big Deal About IoT?
- Can You Really Trust IoT?
- IoT in the Universities
- IoT Platform vs IoT Ecosystem
- Do You Really Need 5G for IoT?
- Why Developing an IoT Solution is Not That Straightforward
- IoT as a Business – Where Do We Start
- Avoid These 9 Common Pitfalls That Hinder IoT Value
- How an IoT Platform Can Ease Your IoT Project
- IoTise Your Business
- The Early Adopters of IoT
- 10 Reasons Why You Need An IoT Platform
- Four (4) Steps for Building an IoT Product
- We IoTised For You
- The Benefits of Deploying IoT Platform for Enterprise (On-Premise) or on Private Cloud.
- HOW-TO – Check Your Own IR 4.0 Readiness
- Tips – How to Successfully Deploy IoT Solutions or Services
- How-To Solve the Issues in University Campuses Efficiently
- Your IoT Journey Starts Here
- How-To Create IoT Ecosystem for Universities
- How-To Complete Your IoT Projects On Schedule
- What’s Disruption 4.0?
- Crowdsensing Platform to Build Better Cities and Communities
- Journey Towards Industry 4.0 With IoT
- Challenges of Making IoT a Ubiquitous Service
- Generation-IOT That Will Disrupt The World
- Monetizing Digital Services: Where’s the Profit?
- We Need CIO with IOT Skills for 2017
- IoT – Build Once, Use Many Times
- DO NOT Let “Transparency” Stop You From Implementing IOT
- The Not-So-Secret Formula to be a Successful IoT Player
- IOT – Four (4) Levels of Maturity
- Will IoT Create or Kill Jobs?
- Critical Success Factors for IOT
- IoT is Here: Where do Service Providers Stand in the Age of IoT?
- How IOT Detect Corruption
- Are You Embracing IoT The Right Way? The Top 10 DO’s and DON’Ts
- Four (4) Compelling Reasons Not To Be Left Behind In The IOT Race
- Will IOT Make You More Efficient or Lazy?
- Facebook of Things – IOT Meets Social Media
- Monetising IOT Data and Become Commercial Sensor Service Provider
- “Sensing-as-a-Service” – New IoT Cloud Service is in Town
- How to Convert Raw Data Into Knowledge With Internet of Things (IoT)
- 4 Reasons Why Internet of Things (IOT) Adoption Will Not Be As Slow as IPv6
- Sensing-As-A-Service – An IOT Cloud Service
- The 4 Main Challenges to Become An Internet of Things (IOT) Service Provider
- Internet of Things (IOT) Target Market – Consumer (B2C) or Enterprise (B2B)?
- Who Are the New Generation-IoT
- How To Build Your Own IoT Ecosystem
- Expert Advice for Generation-IoT
- Generation-IoT is Set to Become a Global Movement
- Who Are The Early Adopters of Internet of Things (IoT)?
- The Enablers, Engagers, and Enhancers of IoT
- The 10 Most Inspiring CEOs to Watch in 2021
- Top Seven IoT Influencers to Follow in 2021
- Ups and Downs of an IoT Entrepreneur
Things About IoT
- System Integration in the Era IR 4.0
- Who and What is FAVORIOT
- The DNA of Internet of Things (IoT)
- Seven (7) IoT Business Models That Can Create New Revenue Streams
- Three (3) Best YouTube Channels on Technology Tips
- FREE IoT eBooks for Download!
- Dscover – Family Organizer Mobile App for 2021
- Three (3) Things You Need to Know About Robots
- Benefits of Data Blending
- OTT – A Disruptive and Killer Service to SMS and MMS combined
- Why I Simply Love IoT
- Wearables – Your New IoT Teacher
- Five (5) Main Reasons Telcos Not Interested in Internet of Things (IoT) Business
- Building a “Waze”-Like Citizen Engagement Solution
- Internet of Things (IOT) – Will It Really Fly?
Sign-up – Please inform me of your new IoT Adventure eBook!